TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive, multi-disciplinary firm that believes in maintaining a family-oriented feel. We seek out opportunities to work on unique projects and thrive under the most challenging conditions where we bring a passion for finding solutions and a fierce enthusiasm in implementing them. Our employees are dedicated to quality and often go the extra mile to fulfill client requests and to meet these requests with a devotion seldom found in the industry. We are excited about our work in the fields of engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fifteen offices across Canada.
The environmental team at TULLOCH provides practical ecological solutions to industry, government and private sectors. Our biologists, engineers and technicians work together to provide a unique blend of expertise to our clients. We specialize in environmental assessment, species at risk, aquatic and terrestrial studies, erosion and sediment control, regulatory approvals, environmental inspections during construction, fish habitat restoration, hydrology and hydraulics.
We are currently looking for a Junior or Intermediate Environmental Technician to join our Sudbury team this season. This is a contract position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found, lasting until the end of the season with the possibility to be extended based on workload.
• A dedication to health, safety and the environment;
• Record and deliver clear and concise field data records and both verbal and written communications;
• Efficient and effective use of time and resources to ensure adherence to project budgets and schedules;
• Work with aquatic and terrestrial field biologists to conduct biophysical surveys in a variety of terrestrial and aquatic environments;
• Compile and summarize field data;
• Conduct all aspects of business, including interactions with regulators, clients, and colleagues with the utmost respect, honesty and integrity; and,
• Support various environmental project work as required.
• Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education with a degree / diploma in ecology, biology or environmental studies, or working towards this;
• Demonstrated experience conducting aquatic / terrestrial field biophysical surveys;
• Must be comfortable and feel safe working in and around water, in remote areas, in all weather conditions, and at night;
• Certified in Ecological Lands Classification and the Ontario Wetland Evaluation System an asset;
• RAQS certification for Fisheries Assessment or Natural Sciences an asset;
• Flora and fauna identifications skills, including plants, birds, reptiles, mammals and fish, an asset;
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License; and,
• Willing to travel for field work.
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department; submit online at www.tulloch.ca. Please reference Competition ID: 2020ENV on your application. Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted. Please indicate your legal eligibility to work in Canada in your application.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.